The era of anticipating busy seasons in the events industry has gone. March – May are busy months, but just as busy this year has been June and early July. Why? Because clients are less eager to be predictable when doing events, companies and their employees prefer more and more outdoor, open air, green locations and less indoor ballroom style.
This is how, in June, in just two weeks‘ time, we managed to have a marathon of 10 events, out of which two being one week long. We skipped from conferences to parties, from activations to team events, from 20+ target of guests to 35+ target of guests. It was hard and amazing. Summer weather is umpredictable, sometimes is hot and 35 degrees Celsius, other times it rains and the traffic gets stuck. We always need to have back up plans for heat, rain, getting too early or too late to the location.
Just to have a small inventory, here is where our efforts have been concentrated too:
1. Student activation in 3 Bucharest Universities, serving coffee to students during their exam period, to promote our client‘s internship campaign
2. Travelport Smart Event 2.0 a great event helping travel agents and ticketing agents transform into travel consultants.
3. Destinations Marathon for Air France KLM
4. Company conference & teambuilding activity in a green venue just out of the city.
5. Millenials conference with the most promissing young people in our client‘s company
6. A series of 4 company dinners in a lovely venue, at the outskirts of Bucharest, by the shore of Snagov lake.
Yes it was a struggle…but with the help of a super-team, we pulled it through and the results were great!